Aims of The Board
The Street Zero Partnership Board was formed in September 2018 and brings together a range of partners across the city who are committed to working together to end rough sleeping by 2022.
The Street Zero Partnership Board recognises that ending rough sleeping can’t be managed by a single agency or service alone, and that only by working together can we achieve our ambition where nobody needs to sleep rough in Newcastle.
- Champion a high-level vision of a city where no one sleeps rough.
- Develop and implement a joint, whole city plan to end rough sleeping by 2022.
- Re-align existing funding and generate new resources to achieve the aims of the plan to end rough sleeping.
- Develop and manage a coordinated public communications strategy to build increased awareness.
- Review evidence to identify missed opportunities for prevention, developing solutions and agreeing collectively how best to achieve most effective results.
- Hold all stakeholders to account for aligning their activities to the partnership vision in the best interests of people who are, or who are at risk of, rough sleeping.